Call me Hades or Plu.
A hub for art. I make too many stories.
5. I really enjoy drawing faces and expressions. :] As well as designing outfits.
6. Shoes :I
15. Depends! Sketches take anywhere from 30min to an hour while a more complex piece can take a few hours.
27. I honestly hate having a ton of layers. xD I think the max I can deal with is around 7.
1. I actually prefer digital by now but still love good ol’ pen and ink.
9. I’ve gotten in to a bad habit of only spending 1-2 hours lately but I’m trying to bring it back up to 4-5 hours that I had over the summer.
10. Depends on what I’m doing. I’m more confident in somethings over others.
18. Anatomy and composition! I feel my work has become too boring. :[
25. Music! I have a harder time doing ANYTHING in silence.
oh man I’m so excited. Copies of Tyree came in the mail today for AWA. And the colors look fantastic. I could cry at how well the colors turned out. They look just as pristine as they are online.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh man I’m so happy over this haha
- Do you prefer traditional drawing, or digital?
- How long have you been drawing?
- How many classes have you taken?
- Do you have a DeviantArt, personal website, or art blog?
- What’s your favorite thing to draw?
- What’s your least favorite thing to draw?
- How often do you use references?
- Do you draw professionally, or just for fun?
- How much time do you spend drawing on an average day?
- Are you confident about your art?
- How many art-related blogs do you follow?
- Is it okay for people to ask you about your process?
- Do you prefer to keep your art personal, or do you like drawing things for other people?
- Do you ever collaborate with others?
- How long does an average piece take you to complete?
- Do you draw more today than you did in the past, or do you draw less?
- Do you think you’re justified in giving other people art advice?
- What are you currently trying to improve on?
- What is the most difficult thing for you to draw?
- What is the easiest thing for you to draw?
- Do you like to challenge yourself?
- Are you confident that you’re improving steadily?
- Do you draw more fanart, or more original art?
- Do you feel jealous when you see other people’s art, or inspired? (Be honest!)
- Do you like to draw in silence, or with music?
- For digital artists: what program(s) do you use?
- For digital artists: how many layers does a typical piece require?
- For traditional artists: what medium do you like most? (Pencil, charcoals, etc)
- For traditional artists: How do you usually start on a big piece? (Light sketch, colored lead, sketchpaper, etc)
- What inspires you to not just make art, but to be a better artist?
some really rough prototypes for some propaganda posters for my comic. Something I view important in telling a good story is how believable the world is. So I wanted to design some posters reflecting the time period it is loosely based off of. The posters will be for interiors in pages and such. Nothing glamorous. Just something to make it a bit more believable on what is going on in the story.
I really like this page so I thought I’d share it on my blog too. ^^
So, I’ve been waiting for someone to explain this extremely simple concept to me my entire life.
Hooooly shit I needed to read this article.
"When I interview leaders, artists, coaches, or athletes who are very successful, they never talk about perfectionism as being a vehicle for success. What they talk about is that perfectionism is a huge trigger, one they have to be aware of all the time, because it gets in the way of getting work done."